Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Held up by two men with a knife. Bit shaken.

Hey, so I’m not a martial artist or anything like that and don’t look for trouble. Just had a couple of fights at school as a kid etc.

Any way. I was walking home last night to my flat in London after my work Xmas party. STUPIDLY I was reading a book on my phone. Something i never usualy do at night when out on the streets.

Got stopped by two men who looked like drug users. One had a knife and they told me to give them money whilst holding the knife near my face.

I had no cash but cooperated with them. I said I’d walk to the ATM with them and get them cash.

They had me hemmed in between the two of them.

Not gonna lie. I was crapping myself but stayed calm.

They were “walking me” in the direction of the ATM and I knew that it would not end well. We got to traffic lights and I saw a break in the traffic coming and dodged under one of the ears and ran across the road as fast as I could and out ran them and got home safe.

Only thing that was injured was my ego. It’s left me feeling like a bit of a wimp lol. I mean I’m lucky I kept pretty calm and very lucky that I’m a fast runner but still... I got lucky.

What’s the best way to deal with things like this?



Submitted December 19, 2018 at 04:18PM by Chukkawaychuk https://ift.tt/2GxetSv

No comments:

Post a Comment