Friday, August 11, 2017

Support Pointer Finger on Trigger Guard Ok or No-No?


Hi All,Apologies if this isn't strictly CCW related but I figured you all might have some wisdom to impart on me. I've been a rifle shooter all my life and while handguns aren't necessarily new to me I haven't really shot them much before (but want to now!)I have a Shield that I picked out after trying most of the popular single stacks and it feels really good in the hands. However, my grip tends to naturally put my support pointer finger on the trigger guard. I know this isn't the norm, and while prior research suggested that most people don't do it, it seemed like responses to others asking the same question ranged from "if that feels comfortable and you shoot it well, then fine" to "only a few professional shooters shoot well like that and you're not the."I thought I'd try out that grip since it feels natural and see how I shoot with it, but I just got done reading that Army handgun manual that was posted the other day and it states that the finger in the guard method is incorrect. I'd like to ask for your guys' opinion and any suggested videos or reading on the topic. The grip just feels so much more stable to me when holding the handgun and when dry firing (can get my thumbs up higher and a little more spread out on the frame), but if this is a bad habit, id like to kill it before it becomes to entrained.Much appreciated! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hQHBaZ

No comments:

Post a Comment