Friday, August 18, 2017

If you carry a 1911, did the hammer cocked make you uneasy at first?


I've shot several types of 1911 pistols (colt 45, Sig) where the hammer is supposed to be safe and stay cocked back. I've watch many videos about how safe a 1911 carried in "condition 1" (cocked and locked) is and the mechanics of how the thumb safety works. I completely understand the statistics that for over a 100 years and multiple millions (military/law enforcement included) of 1911's have been carried without issues.Although, it still makes me feel uneasy thinking there is tension on the hammer and "if" it fell then there would be a unwanted discharge.Wondering if others felt this way at first or just prefer a double action when they carry? I'm shopping around for a CCW and the Sig P380 is in the top 3. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uPGqig

No comments:

Post a Comment