Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Funny story about first time carrying


So, I got my CCW primarily for when I’m alone in the woods and also to avoid any hassles transporting my guns to the range. I’ve taken a number of training classes and have decided to start carrying in public on a limited basis to get comfortable with it.I go to the driving range (golf) with my LCP in IWB holster and am wearing a baggy polo. There is simply no way I’m printing. I’m hitting golf balls for about 15 minutes and have pretty much forgotten I’m carrying. There’s a guy a few stalls down, behind me. I’m minding my own business when he says, “Do you have a gun?” I immediately stop and have no idea how to answer. My first thought is, how the hell does he know I have a gun - am I that bad at this? So I say, “pardon me? He asks, “You know, a laser, can I borrow yours?”My range finder (which uses a laser) is on the ground next to me, so I said, sure go ahead. I’ve never heard a range finder referred to as a gun before.I laughed about it later. When he asked if I had a gun, I must have looked pretty odd – stammering trying to figure out how to answer and trying to figure out how he knew I had a gun and why was he asking. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vM90RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment