Sunday, August 6, 2017

Driving through Illinois


Am I correctly interpreting this Illinois law that as long as I'm licensed in my home state (which does not have reciprocity with Illinois) and do not exit my vehicle with it then I would be able to still have my ccw on my person? I wish I could avoid Illinois but I will only be there driving 180 miles through the state.Any Illinois residents that can chime in here?(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident: (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law; (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public underthe laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act. If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wkHAiV

No comments:

Post a Comment