Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Concerns about owning a gun/carrying


I just bought my first gun (shield 9) and received my CCW, however i have some concerns regarding my lifestyle and past habits.Lifestyle Concern - i will be a senior in college, and i do plan on bringing my handgun back to school with me next week. I'm coming from a very safe suburb and going to a small college town that is naturally infested with somewhat sketchy townies. The brightside is i rarely drink anymore and i'm pretty settled down for my final year. My question is - does the possibility of coming home blacked out with access to a gun scare any of you? I'm not suicidal at all but it makes me a bit uneasy (it'll be double locked and in my closet). I rarely 100% stonewall blackout, but it's definitely a possibility one of the weekends this year.Past habits - I am an occasional sleepwalker. Nothing crazy, but a few times a year i will "come to" outside of my room or something like that, shake it off and hop back in bed. Once i showered for school at 2am thinking it was 6am before my dad came and woke me up. Does anybody else do this, and does it scare you? For this reason last night i left my pistol in the holster, safety on, without a round in the chamber (i'm home alone for the week so the gun has come out of it's case).Sorry for the wall of text, i guess i'm just looking for people with similar stories/lives to chime in on how they went about having a gun in college/sleepwalking. Thanks guys. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vfUuQV

No comments:

Post a Comment