Saturday, July 15, 2017

Thoughts on Virginia's CCH permitting process


I was a Pennsylvanian at the beginning of this year. From filling out the application to actually receiving the card took less than 20 minutes (background check done on the spot by deputy sheriff in Montgomery County). Say what you want about PA CCWs, but it was a laminated plastic card that doubled as a Photo ID with a birthdate. I used it as a secondary photo ID on different occasions for DMV/getting a passport.I moved to Virginia recently so my PA CCW card is no longer valid. They (Prince William County) charge $15.00 (plus 50¢ if you don't provide your own self-addressed envelope) and take up to 45 days to process the application. Mine took only 32 days to arrive. It's a CCH printed on perforated cardstock paper... I have business cards that are more durable than this.If Virginia spent a few extra dollars to print on plastic cards, I'd be happier with my card. I guess I shouldn't complain but now I have to find an alternative photo ID. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2t3LkmM

No comments:

Post a Comment