Sunday, July 16, 2017

I prefer the stock Shield over the PPS M2 after owning both. Seems like Smith improved the trigger on recent models?


Probably an unpopular opinion with the current circlejerk over the PPS, but hear me out.I traded my PPS M2 for a like new Shield with fiber optic sights a few months ago.The PPS had a really creepy trigger after the initial take up. I mean you could hear the springs creaking around inside when you pulled it slowly. I hated that trigger. Not only that but mine had the barrel peening problem. Also, it hated steel case. I rarely use steel but one of the few times I did, I had some weak ejection and a case got lodged in the chamber. Had to knock it out with a stick...The Shield trigger HAS to have been improved recently. People always say how bad it is. Mine is an August 2016 model. It has a great trigger. There's very little take up, a heavy wall (fine by me on a carry gun), and a super crisp break. There is absolutely zero creepiness or overtravel in this Shield trigger. It also doesnt seem to be picky with crappy ammo.Im not saying the PPS is a bad gun, far from it...but i think its a little overhyped and changes to newer Shield models have improved an already great CCWI also had a PC Shield that was great but I got rid of it because it got super dirty due to the ports. The only difference really between that great trigger and my stock shield trigger is the weight of the pull.Thoughts?Tl;DR: PPS was meh, 2016 Shield is solid. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2tvuQTO

No comments:

Post a Comment