Monday, July 17, 2017

5+ years CCW here. 10,000+ rounds fired. First draw last night.


I'm on a road trip right now, sleeping mostly out of my SUV, between camp and random motels here and there. I carry a GP100 .357 fixed 3".Where I am now it is HOT, so I tucked in last night with the sunroof open and windows cracked. Spidey sense must have gone off because I woke up at exactly 5:30 am to see someones feet and legs standing on my center console while they were lowering their torso into my SUV through the sunroof..357 is under my air mat + pad under where my pillow is.Sat up, realized it's not a dream because when I did the guys head came all the way in and said "oh shit". First instinct was to yell LOUD. What the F#CK!! Get out!!I heard commotion, the dude jumping back out the roof while I grabbed for my gun. Adrenaline was full now and I crawled from the back to the center and popped my head out of the roof to locate this dude... because I lost him when grabbing my gun.Saw him just over in a bush near me and yelled freeze get down! I was trying to see if he was armed, or wtf he was doing there still. He had a backpack in 1 hand and something like a can or rock in the other. When he saw my gun he hauled ass...I kept him in my sights all the way through the parking lot, about 100ft, till he turned the corner. When I crouched back into my ride, I realized I had cocked the hammer.Overall I feel good about how it went down, but I don't like not remembering cocking the hammer. Must have been when I spotted him in the bushes first? I never trained to DA for self defense. Always SA - one of the reasons I like revolvers.After 2 more hours of adrenaline release I relocated and was able to get some sleep. Not at all a situation I would have imagined... how do you train for sunroof invaders? (also yes, sunroof only 1/4th open from now on) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2t6I3Db

No comments:

Post a Comment