Thursday, February 9, 2017

Tips on using knives for self defense?

For reference, I am an extremely small person. 5'1" and less than 100lbs. I don't live in the safest area, and I've taken to carrying knives, primarily the Spyderco Matriarch when I'm out at night. My big problem with this knife is that my hands are too small and the opener is too stiff for me to open it with one hand or with any sort of efficiency. The fastest way for me to open it is to use the side of my leg as I pull it out of my pocket to hold it in place as I open it from the blade (instead of, say, holding the handle in one hand as I open it with the other).

Is this a safe/smart way of protecting myself? I've heard many people say that it's not a good idea to carry knives as they may be used against you, but my reasoning is that it's sharp enough and designed to quickly incapacitate someone so you can escape. It just worries me that in the event that I am grabbed or held up I won't be able to take it out quickly/discreetly enough

Ideally I would have a handgun and a CC license, but I'm too young to buy one yet and CA's ammo laws are fucked up. Thank you for any advice you have!



Submitted February 09, 2017 at 01:12AM by cynicaesura http://ift.tt/2k5tuQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment