Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sig Sauer V-Crown vs Hornady Critical Defense for home defense limited wall penetration


Hey all!I'm still pretty new so be gentle. If this doesn't meet the sub's rules, please let me know. I did read the Ammo FAQ and have watched several videos and read a bunch of articles. Even the people at the gun store were split in their opinions.As my title suggests, I'm looking for your opinions regarding the Sig Sauer V-Crown vs. the Hornady Critical Defense 9mm Luger rounds for home defense in a close quarters situation where in the event I have to shoot, I want to limit wall penetration.I'm fortunate that there is a storage room between the front door and my son's, a large, filled bookcase to the left of the front door, but I'm worried about out the door and to the next door neighbor who is close. It's not as close as an apartment and with luck, it will go to the tree, but I still want to have effective stopping power without shooting up my neighbors if I'm forced to use my weapon to protect myself or my child.The other thing I'm not too concerned about, but maybe I should be, is how law enforcement will view the fact that I'm using hollow point ammo. I know there are numerous other factors to consider, but since I'm a single mom living in not the greatest neighborhood and am unable to run due to a disability, I think I have disparity of force covered in a break in situation. My state has a Stand Your Ground Law as long as I'm not the original aggressor.What are your opinions? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kwxsgO

No comments:

Post a Comment