Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Choosing a gun for CCW


Hey everyone, I'd like to get a few opinions.I've had my CCW permit for about 3 months now. I purchased the Ruger LC9s a year ago, and it's been an incredible gun, especially for my budget at the time. Super concealable for around $340.With that being said, I did a few drills the other day using Remington 9mm ammo that has never given me any trouble or jams, but this time I had at least 5 jams and a few failures to feed. I shot one handed, did a lot of drawing and shooting, seated, kneeling, outside the car door, etc. This worries me and really had me doubting the reliability of my carry weapon.Now I know that these issues easily could've been caused from limp-wristing since I was shooting one handed most of the time this happened, but that makes me think if I were in a situation needing to use only one hand, I wouldn't have much reliability.I know Glocks are considered to be about as reliable as it gets when it comes to handguns. I'm currently looking to sell/trade my LC9s and get ahold of a Glock 26 or Glock 43. I'm worried the 26 will be a little too big to carry compared to my LC9s and the Glock 43, but I love the extra capacity and magazines the 26 can accept. So basically, I'm just looking for advice. Keep my LC9s, or get ahold of a Glock 26/43? And if I should go the Glock route, which one?Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to explain how I've gotten to the situation I'm in now. Get ahold of a Glock, or trust what I've already got. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2laUgGg

No comments:

Post a Comment