Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Magpul "El Burro" Gun Belt First Impressions/Review


Magpul's gotten into the gun belt game recently, and they have two offerings: the "El Burro" and the "El Original". I needed a new gun belt, and the lightweight all-polymer "El Burro" struck my fancy, so I ordered one. They're on the more affordable end of the spectrum with an MSRP of $60, and I was curious as to how an all-polymer belt would feel vs. a reinforced leather one.I tried it out with my Comp-Tac MTAC carrying a Glock 19 at the 3:30 position, and I've also tried it with the Bladetech Klipt carrying a Glock 43 at the appendix position. The belt does what a gun belt should do: the guns didn't move around and the belt keeps them close to the body.Other good things: fairly discreet (all of the "Magpul" branding and embellishments are largely not visible once the belt is worn), rigid, and lightweight. It feels about the same weight as a standard dress belt when you're not carrying a gun. It's not much thicker (if at all) than a standard dress belt. All of the hardware is non-ferrous (I think the buckle is aluminum), so for those of you who have to go through metal detectors with some frequency may appreciate this over a belt with steel inserts.The meh: I ordered the black one. It's more of a dark charcoal than black. Not quite black. The belt buckle is also little bigger than I prefer. They only offer it in three colors, and I wish a darker brown and a truer black were options.Overall, I like the belt. If they add more colors to the line, I may have to pick up more. A decent starter gun belt for those of you with tighter budgets. I'll probably pick up the other Magpul belt ("El Original") at some point, which is supposed to be the more rigid of the two belts. As a side note, I have not tried the belt with mag carriers, so I can't really speak to how good it'll feel with significantly more weight.Product Link via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/28URDju

No comments:

Post a Comment