Tuesday, December 12, 2023

How to stop being friendly, open and polite

I live in an urban, metropolis. Time and time again I have found myself in vulnerable situations because of my friendly, open and polite persona. I am far too trusting and naive.

What even more exhausting is when I have spent thousands of pounds on therapists, only to be told I'm a nice woman and I should stay this way! I completely disagree, this is the real world not Disneyland.

I had near brush with being abducted whilst travelling alone last year(!) and have been struggling with continued PTSD since.

I would really appreciate some big brother/ father advice on how as a woman who is on her own I can keep myself safe.

I am aware of how friendly, polite, helpful, trusting and naive I am. It is a nice quality when one is a child but as a woman in her forties it is foolish and stupid.

I want to become streetwise and able to look after myself.



Submitted December 12, 2023 at 05:12PM by Capable-Breakfast480 https://ift.tt/1xraLSO

No comments:

Post a Comment