Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Holster time making training a hassle

So I'm training to use a rope dart as my edc lethal force opinion, why? It's comfortable to carry conseled , deploys about at the same speed as a pistol( detailed example with a guy pressure testing it, and another shorter example ) ,being able to make a big controled area where people can't approach, has a 10ft range so it can work in the 9ft that "most self defense situations happen in" , has reasonable stopping power , also I'm not a gun guy and think our mind set of guns being the only viable option for civilian lethal force is flawed but I'm not all that anti gun just not for me. Your gonna train what you enjoy, carry what you train, and use what you carry if you're ever unlucky enough to have to defend yourself.

With that stuff out the way , I'm practicing that quick draw technique and while it comes out super fast, setting that back up takes so long compaired the quick pop in of a kydex sheath , like I shoot dart out redo the daisy chain (takes a good couple of seconds) re adjust shirt and rope , shoot out again. And it's got me wondering if holster time will significantly effect my ability to train and get constistant draws because I'm not able to do that many reps in a given span of time , should I just suck it up and train or figure out a faster way to set it up for training so I can get more reps in even if it isn't the same as my consealed "state"



Submitted December 05, 2023 at 06:39PM by mrmagicbeetle https://ift.tt/oxLsAe2

No comments:

Post a Comment