Friday, August 11, 2023

I prefer Vedder Light Tuck over Tenicor Velo4. And it’s not even close


https://ift.tt/vHlEORZ have both, Imgur link for proof. I’ll start off by saying, I understand why people prefer Tenicor. The build quality is better than Vedder. However, that doesn’t mean jack shit if the day to day experience of wearing/using the holster is worse. The clips are extremely difficult to use on the Tenicor compared to Vedder. I understand they are better for retention (not enough to matter, in my opinion), but they are way more difficult to manipulate. If you get the Tenicor, I recommend the loops. But the worse part of all: the wedge. Maybe I would have had a harder time comparing if I would have gotten the Certum 3 by Tenicor, but the Velo4 was downright uncomfortable. Not carrying a gun uncomfortable, the wedge was pressing into my pelvis and it kind of hurt. If I were to get hit and that wedge dig into my pelvis, it would take me out of a fight no question. This is not a Vedder is better, just as good, or whatever post. Tenicor makes good stuff, maybe better than Vedder. A solid point is Vedder’s claw isn’t properly aligned with the clip and where the belt lands, and the retention screw isn’t the best design. The Velo4 is just not for me, and my Vedder Light Tuck hasn’t failed me in 3 years. If you go with Tenicor, I recommend the Certum3 with no wedge and one of the two loop options. I could see myself enjoying that holster, I just don’t have a need for it. I just wanted to make this post because I’m tired of people talking shit about Vedder. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/GfmlLtM

No comments:

Post a Comment