Thursday, August 24, 2023

Handheld tool for defending against dogs

Hi All,

I often go backcountry hiking camping alone in remote areas, and where I go there is a problem with wild/feral dogs. If encountered by themselves they are scared of humans, but when in packs they can be dangerous, often approaching campsites looking for food. Where I am things like mace and firearms are illegal without a licence, and are forbidden in national parks. Therefore I am looking for a handheld tool that will be effective in the event of a wild dog attack. I have been thinking about the following: Ice pick, miner's pick, garden hoe, hammer, machete, hunting knife, etc etc. What tool would be best against a dog attack? Thanks in advance!



Submitted August 24, 2023 at 06:36AM by Ok_Improvement_2658 https://ift.tt/4FbmueS

No comments:

Post a Comment