Sunday, August 20, 2023

How to comfortably carry a spare mag hip side?


I carry 3-4 o'clock but the assymmetry (both weight and pressure) messes with my hips over time, so I was looking to carry a spare mag on the opposite hip to balance things out.However, I found putting a mag on the opposite hip makes it uncomfortable when drawing my gun. The proper form to unholster at 3-4 o'clock is to lean away from the gun to create space for drawing the gun up and out of the holster. But leaning away from the gun also means leaning into the direction of the spare mag, which makes it dig into my sides. Aside from being uncomfortable, it's also a potential liability that could impede the mechanics of my draw if I need to move fast and the mag jabs me hard in the side.For those that carry a spare mag with 3-4 o'clock carry, any suggestions to make this less of a problem? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/UwfAlLT

No comments:

Post a Comment