Friday, February 3, 2023

Defensive gun use Tuesday night


Never thought I'd be posting one of these stories, but here I am.Tuesday night around 8pm I decided to make a quick run to the store to get snacks for family movie night. An ice storm had covered everything in ice overnight Monday, so I figured I'd take the wife's car so I could go ahead and make sure it was de-iced for her in the AM.I get in the car, a Kia Sportage, and put a YouTube video on my phone as I start it up and turn the heat on. After about 10 minutes I get out to see if I can pull the wipers free. I pull one free and I hear "get away from the car!"I turn towards to rear and see two guys. Guy in front has on a mask , a hood, and is pointing a nickel plated semi-auto in my face. Guy in the rear is already climbing into my back seat.Fighting the urge to draw from the drop, I scrambled around the front of the vehicle and up the small hill in my front yard. My front yard goes up about 18 in from within about 6 in from the sidewalk, so it's a steep little hill covered in ice. After I established myself at the top of the hill I pulled my concealed carry, a p365 with the XL grip swapped out so I can carry the 12 round magazine flush, and proceeded to put 12 rounds through passenger door and window of my car. Both assailants bailed from the vehicle and beat feet through the neighbor's backyard, leaving my car and drive to slowly find its way into the neighbor's front yard.I retrieved my keys and my phone from the car and called police immediately. Turns out the two guys who tried to carjack me had been on a spree of armed robberies over the past 45 minutes. It started with a carjacking about 2 mi north of me. I'm thinking these guys must have thought they could swap cars and drop their wanted level like they were playing some GTA in real life.I had to wait outside to be interviewed by the robbery detective and be photographed by the crime scene investigation unit. The next morning, another detective came by and asked me to walk him through everything. The police took both my gun and the car as evidence.I hit one in the leg and grazed his ear, he called 911 and was apprehended at the hospital. I don't know if they ever caught the other guy.I'll update this if I get any more details that I think might be interesting to this sub. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/GpCosvn

No comments:

Post a Comment