Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Blue flashlights for self defence?

I live in the UK and have been adamant for many years that a good flashlight is my best tool for self protection, deterring crime and defence. My go-to is the Olight M2R Pro and I'd say this is my best defensive light but I recently acquired a Noctigon KR1 with a deep blue W2 LED, the model is a designated thrower but with a royal blue colour LED for fun, you can see where this is going. Blue light is known to have a significantly higher damaging effect to the eyes and the concentration of the beam makes it incredibly potent, add on that blue is much more attention grabbing due to police and ambulance lights being of the same colour and it seems to me that this is a far more "aggressive" configuration and would definitely mean that it would have more power during the day and that they'd be blinded for longer after you turn it off and run and a certain element of "wtf was that?". Now of course the downside is that it's much worse at general illumination that alone means that I don't think it's superior to white light, but I'd like to hear your opinions on this concept, especially having it secondary a normal small pocket light with good CRI.



Submitted February 14, 2023 at 11:51AM by Arkas18 https://ift.tt/Zkz7Umc

No comments:

Post a Comment