Sunday, November 14, 2021

Travel across NY/CT/MA


Hey all. Traveling from the Midwest to Maine, trying to figure out the best way to bring my CCW. I have a permit in my state, and NH/ME are all green for me. I know MA/CT are anti gun, but I won’t need to stop for gas until I’m in NH from there anyway. My concern is the 45 minutes of driving through NY that I do once exiting PA and going through NY State (not the city at all, north of it) I know FOPA is not respected by NY at all, and this obviously concerns me. I don’t have any 10+ mags, and just one pistol, but concerned that the combo of out-of-state plates and the fact I’m driving through the night - probably would be in NY about 1:30 to 2:30am. Is there anything that I could do that would warrant them searching my car and therefore pulling some classic-NY bullshit on me, if I’m driving 100% legally?I don’t have an address to Mail the CCW to myself at or anything like that, so it’s either bring it with me in the car or not have it on me at all for the duration of the trip. I don’t have a “high threat profile” or anything by any means, but I think that’s true of most of us, and we carry for the worst case scenario. Hence why not bringing it feels like an absolute last resort to me. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3kxq7OU

No comments:

Post a Comment