Thursday, September 30, 2021

Today was the day I officially decided to get my CCP


I have been leaning towards getting a concealed carry permit for some time, but today it was quickly apparent that I am on the right track. I am a new user of handguns and just recently purchased a SCCY CPX-2 RD. This is a good entry level pistol and good for conceal carry IMO (feel free to debate me in the comments) and I’ve been stockpiling more ammo than I should lol.Anyway, today was what I thought going to be a normal day, I had to run some errands at the larger city 30 minutes from me, so I hopped in the car and off I went (with no gun due to lack of experience/training it sits at home for now ). I get off the highway ramp at my destination and see a car sitting at a light with a green turn arrow. I wait a moment then proceed to honk to notify the vehicle they can move. Shortly thereafter they do move but what happens next I never would have expected.We get to the next stoplight and next thing I know this guy gets out of his vehicle (in the middle of an intersection) and starts yelling at me telling me he is going to beat my ass, telling me to get out of the car etc etc. I slightly roll my window down and we have a nice verbal cursing match at each other.I seriously don’t know what his problem was, the honk was justified, anyway the light turns green and we both continue down the same road, with him driving rather erratically. We get to another stoplight and the guy and his wife both get out of the car and continue the verbal assault. Only this time the man comes up to my drivers windows and begins to beat on it with his fist and attempted to open my car door while yelling at me he would be my ass blah blah blah.Eventually his tantrum is over and he drives away. I got a picture of his tags but upon taking to police there wasn’t anything they could do because the main aggressor wasn’t on the registration.Anyway I’ve never had a road rage problem to this extent before, especially over a justified horn honk.Now it is debatable if at anytime it would have been appropriate to brandish a weapon, but I would have felt a lot safer if I had protection with me because I will be dammed if I am going to let a crazy road raged individual attempt to injure me or my property over a car horn.This incident today solidified I am on the right path towards carrying a firearm. I am looking forward to range training and eventually concealed carry in the not too distance future! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Yidjnz

No comments:

Post a Comment