Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Selecting a gun for CCW in South Africa (CZ vs Glock)


Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. (6' 2" 190lb, warm climate so I wear shorts for half the year, very little experience with guns. )This week I will be buying my first gun, my intention is to conceal carry and use for home defence. Being South African, buying a gun isn't a straight forward process, and I have important decisions to make.My conundrum is this: I can choose between Glock and CZ.Holster availability is no issue, have quite a few Kydex options available.I probably won't be able to fire the guns before I make my decision, and if I don't like the gun, I can't just sell it, it'll take at least a year to replace. Buying a second gun is off the cards for a while, as it's really expensive ( a good price for a CZ is $700, Glocks more).How would you guys go about choosing a gun in these circumstances? I'm mainly looking at CZ P10s VS the Glock 43X, with all the other polymer options from these manufacturers also available. I can get a full grip on both guns. The 43X is going to cost more and while the S15 mags are available, they're really expensive.How much of a difference does grip "girth" vs length matter? Will the thin grips make all the difference, or am I better off going with the shorter grip CZ and spending the difference on an Enigma? And would you say that there would be a big difference in "ease of shooting" if I can get a full grip on both.Tl;dr long grip vs thick grip. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3zOT3GT

No comments:

Post a Comment