Friday, September 24, 2021

Struggling to decide between these options for my next carry gun.


Been on the hunt for a new carry piece lately. I was leaning heavily towards a Walther P99AS but the only store in my state that had one in stock just sold it the day before I was going to come and buy it. I could order one online but I'd much rather hold it in my hand and get a feel for it before just ordering one.With the P99 out of the question for now, I've narrowed it down to 3 choices;Walter PDP CompactHK VP9FN 509 midI really like the PDP but it's a thicc boi, almost on par with a Glock 17 in size. The VP9 is marginally smaller but I don't really like guns that have finger grooves on the grip - although it's tolerable on the VP9. I absolutely love the FN 509 but I've learned of some issues with the firing pin that have me second guessing this choice. I intend to carry the gun for work (concealed, office enviroment, security type job) so I need to be able to trust my life with it. Concerns about a firing pin breaking put it low on my list for that alone but it is a fixable issue.Given these options what would you choose? Note that I'm not going to be putting a red dot on the gun at this time but may do so in the future. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3kzjVq6

No comments:

Post a Comment