Saturday, September 25, 2021

Had a gun brandished at me, was I in the wrong?


So the other day I was in a parking lot and I was trying to return my rental vehicle. The rental place was in a shopping center shared with grocery stores, restaurants etc. So space was limited. There was one parking spot in front of the rental place and I had to make a left hand turn to get it. I am right next to the spot and have my turn signal off to claim it. Another car is coming towards me and I don’t want to cut them off so I wait with my signal on so they can pass, mind you I was there much before this other car. Needless to say he turns right into the spot while smiling and laughing.Obviously this upsets me, I honk my horn and go find another place to park. I get out my car and grab my 7-11 slurpee and approach his vehicle. (Basically I wasn’t very threatening ) There is a female in the passenger seat and he’s in the drivers seat. I approach the drivers side window and ask him to roll his window down because I wanted to ask why he was such a dick. I see inside He is brandishing a hand gun and showing it to me shaking his head and laughing. I immediately back off , get behind his car and take pictures of his plates, take shelter in car rental and call the police. He realizes what’s going on and leaves.The police end up finding him and give me the option to press charges for brandishing a firearm or just have them talk to him. I opt for the latter.Am I in the wrong here? This guy clearly took my spot and Knew what he was doing. Already had a gun pulled before I even got near his car. It seemed like he was looking for trouble. Did I do the right thing by calling the police? Too me he seemed like an irresponsible gun owner. If He had done what he did to someone who owns a gun and felt threatened when he showed his, he would’ve probably ended up dead inside that car.What do you guys think? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3mgRaOL

No comments:

Post a Comment