Friday, September 24, 2021

I have seen the light! (red dot optics)


I recently bought a S&W M&P 9 Spec Kit. It comes with a full size (4.6 inch barrel) M&P 9, threaded barrel, CT-1500 RDO, suppressor height night sights, challenge coin, and knife, and two 17 round mags. Hey, I know the challenge coin is worthless, the knife is cheap, and the CT-1500 RDO isn't the best on the market, but I got this thing for $830 out the door (no tax at the Coast Guard Exchange and they honored a 5 percent discount scratch off).Anyway, while waiting for my holster to arrive I've been practicing my presentation to get used to the RDO. I've been doing this for days, and finally yesterday I tried presenting and aiming with both eyes open. After some practice, I was able to easily look over the top of the RDO at my "target" and see the dot on the bullseye in my peripheral vision without trying. Wow, what a gamechanger! I've got at least two to three weeks before my holster arrives to go to the range and continue practicing.I think that having suppressor height sights that cowitness is a must have thing with an RDO because it makes it easier to adjust the dot before even going to the range, makes it easier to learn how to find the dot, and you have backup sights if your optic fails. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3EQKyPu

No comments:

Post a Comment