Thursday, September 2, 2021

Defense against a German Shepherd?

I got new neighbors a couple of months ago and they have a German Shepherd who keeps getting loose. They're old and disabled and he just barrels right past them whenever they open the door. He's not nice either. He's tackled people and scared the neighborhood half to death. Recently I had a very disturbing conversation with them about doing something to train him and get him fixed in which they said they are not going to train him because it's his job to protect them and when he gets out and goes after people he's doing his job. They even said if he tears the other neighbor's little dog to pieces that's his job. Unfortunately these neighbors also have guns and people are afraid of them and don't want to call animal control. We've gotten a couple people to call but animal control keep saying that it needs to be as many calls as possible before they'll take an action.

I walk around my neighborhood everyday and have been lucky to have only encountered him loose on foot myself once but I fear for my safety if I do. I have a friend who used to be with animal control who is warned me that these dogs can kill or make you wish you were dead and that it doesn't matter if you run or stand your ground they'll take you down. So I need to defend myself. I don't want to buy a gun because I obviously don't want to kill this dog who has done nothing wrong. I'm not sure what my best option is though because a taser or stun baton is too close for my liking and I've heard mixed reviews about pepper spray. Some people just say it makes them more angry and I obviously don't want that. Any advice are recommendations are much appreciated.



Submitted September 02, 2021 at 08:20PM by anotherthrowaway625 https://ift.tt/3t8Dzfk

No comments:

Post a Comment