Monday, June 14, 2021

New CCW


This is my new everyday carry.Funny story, I bought this Rock Island Armory M206 pre-pandemic for like 220 bucks out the door. It looked a lot like a Colt Detective Special with the wooden grip, and I liked it had a 2 inch barrel and 6 shot cylinder and was still deemed by me an acceptable carry weight.I bought this gun and its been sitting in my case and I never shot it until a few weeks ago.It has a better trigger than my S&W Bodyguard 38 or S&W 637 which I was very surprised, single and double action is smooth, cylinder lockup is tight with very little wobble.I contacted Armscor and they said the gun is rated for +P just not to shoot +p out of it all the time. If you read the manuals of my S&W guns they also state that +p accelerates wear on the revolver and to only use sparingly...even a S&W K-frame can be worn out faster by shooting a steady diet of +p though it. So the RIA M206 is +P rated, just don't go to the range and shoot nothing but +p though it. Its an all steel gun, the gun is proof fired, and a proof load is 25% hotter than a +P loading, 6 shots for the M206, its perfectly safe for carrying +p. (Just wanted to get that out of the way before anyone chimes in)Armscor FAQ states its ok to use +p sparinglyhttps://https://ift.tt/2RWcuOg have shot and these are my primary carry rounds - Buffalo Bore .38 Special +p 158g LSWCHP 1000 FPS 351 ft lbs of muzzle energyI also carry a load of rounds to use against 4 legged threats - 38 SPL +P OUTDOORSMAN 158 gr. Hard Cast KeithThe .38 SPL Outdoorsman WILL penetrate a Gator or Bear Skull, so it will give you a fighting chance against such an encounter if the Bear Spray I carry doesn't work...If i can land a head or heart shot, i'll walk away from the encounter with those rounds (Black bear is all we have around here, I wouldn't want anything less than a .357 or a 10mm against a Grizzly)I have shot 2 boxes of this ammo though the M206 and 250 rounds of stand pressure Armscor 158G 38 special, no issues.This gun isn't pretty, but its reliable, its crude, its a throwback to the way they made guns in the old days. It does have some tool marks, but looking at the inside mine is very polished and works well.Once prices come down, I may look into a 6 shot snub from Ruger or S&W, but IMO this RIA M 206 if you get a good one, which I have, is a fantastic functional gun, and has a lifetime warranty. The trigger on this gun is better than a SP 101 I looked at a few months back, of course the SP 101 is definitely better fit and finish, but I won't shed too many tears if this gun were to be lost or whatever...RIA has a new 357 6 shot snub the AL 3.1...is definitely on my list. RIA is quietly putting out some decent guns.https://ift.tt/3pTb7wd via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3pUrcSd

No comments:

Post a Comment