Thursday, June 24, 2021

Becoming more wary on my walk home from work(M,UK)

Hi, new to this sub. Wanted some advice after tensions rose today. I work in a high street convenience store in a very shady area. Duty managers have been known to get jumped after shifts in my store. Today a massive confrontation happened between a regular alcoholic which has been a long time coming. It happened with no major injury to myself or staff though a homeless guy who jumped to our aid got choked ( by a friend of the alcoholic) I bought the homeless guy a pouch of tobacco as a thank you for his help. The alcoholic lives at a local hostel, he resents me. He’s banned from the store and attempts to come in regularly which I am firm with telling him no. Whenever I walk past him in town in daylight he gives me dodgy looks.

I have never been worried about walking home until now. I have to walk by the hostel after my shift (which finishes at 11:30pm) as it’s the only feasible way home without taking an hour to walk home. He’s outside often, after today I’m getting increasingly concerned for my safety.

Not from the alcoholic himself but the friend; the friend was still shorter than me but seeing him in a fight was, terrifying. He didn’t hold back whatsoever, was screaming various words whilst choking this poor guy. Meanwhile the alcoholic was laying in punches so clearly is dirty in a fight. Friend of alcoholic was very apologetic five mins later not sure if to win sympathy before police arrived or not, but was real manic energy (I say that as a schizophrenic, I don’t mean to offend.)

Sorry for the long story, I feel context is important here. Just looking for some self defence pointers in a situation where the odds are stacked. Say the alcoholic and his friend(s) were to jump me. Even if I get jumped by two what are some ways in which I could inflict some hits/get away. Ideally I’d avoid a fight altogether but just getting some pointers if it comes to it.

Quick descriptions of potential involvement:

Me (M/22): -6’3, 250lbs, wide shoulders (my weight ain’t all fat basically haha) -glasses (as much as I’d love to take these off in anticipation I’m blind asf without them) -wears steel doc martens to work. -Minimal fighting experience, though once threw somebody who tried attacking me into the floor by their grabbing their neck and sweeping the leg (was entirely instinct based)

Alcoholic (M/Late 30s-mid40s): -5’8/5’9, 175lbs, scrawny, -Always has a broken nose so prob can’t hold his own (not really the threat out of the two but can imagine based on what I saw would lay in punches whilst I was down) -would probably be drunk at the time.

Friend of alcoholic (M/early to mid 30s): -5’10, 225lbs, wide/chubby. -piercing in one ear -wearing crucifix necklace -appeared to be coked up (I’m an ex Coke addict,his aggression seemed Cocaine induced)

Sorry if that was too much detail, I thought the more the better! I’m off to sleep now but thought I’d post before bed for max responses. Will reply in the morning , thanks in advance .

TL;DR: increasing tensions between pisshead and his friend where I work. Walk home in dark making me increasingly anxious. Would like to avoid fighting but pointers needed for a situation where I end up outnumbered.



Submitted June 23, 2021 at 07:30PM by WowSuchName21 https://ift.tt/2UAxfju

No comments:

Post a Comment