Monday, June 28, 2021

What Would You Do? - Danger on the Road


Before I begin, it should be known that thankfully nobody was harmed. The other night my friends and I were at a bar near our college town in Pennsylvania. I was the designated driver for those in my car, and the other DD drove the rest. The next day, I heard that the other car ran into some trouble.As my friend's car approached a stop light from about 50-75m away, they saw a laser in the road, which eventually traveled its way up the car door. My friend in the passenger seat is a bit eccentric, and he tried scrambling after the laser with his hands like a cat along the car door. As they were stopping at the red light, it went up his arm, towards his chest, and near his shoulder. When they finally stopped it disappeared briefly, but as the rear driver-side window of the car on their right rolled down, they saw where the laser was coming from as it pointed again back at my eccentric friend's chest. Apparently the laser was attached to a scope on an AR. My friend immediately threw his hands up, and the guy with the gun asked where he was from. My friend responded where he originally lived, and the other guy displayed his gun in the air and went "I'm from Atlanta." When the light turned green, the DD drove away, but realized they were being followed by the other car. He made 4 left turns, and the car followed them each turn. They drove for a few more minutes, and I can't remember how they said the situation ended. Regardless, my friend's car made it safely away from the other car.None of my friends in this group are gun owners, and I just got my concealed carry license this winter. The DD didn't drink any alcohol, but I did have two light beers in a long enough span so that I was absolutely legal to drive and not buzzed. My handgun was also in the shop getting ready to have night-sights installed at the time. Given this scenario, if you were the DD who had no alcohol whatsoever and also had a CCW, or if you were a driver who consumed two beers and had their CCW on them, what would be the right thing to do? Especially considering the threat, the environment, close proximity to your innocent friends, and the hindered likelihood of being able to draw and aim quickly and accurately with a clear shot? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3jooCTt

No comments:

Post a Comment