Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Common and safe carry practices do not make you paranoid.


After a conversation i had with co workers, i feel it might be a nice reminder to some newer gun owners that some of what seems normal to us is not "paranoid".At work today, it was fairly hot day and i work construction. So when i went for lunch i made a comment about how i "couldnt wait to get in my oven of a car". My co workers asked why i dont roll my winxows down. Note that these people are close friends of mine as well so im comfortable with them knowing i carry, some of them do as well. But nevertheless, when i told them i dont roll my windows down because i leave my gun in the car when i have to wear my toolbelt, they freaked out. Saying i was too paranoid to be carrying a gun.We then went on to other things like me keeping my handgun in my nightstand, locking my slide and storing my handgun out of reach when children are over, how i keep my gun attached to my belt when i use the restroom in a public place rather than taking it off.THESE PRACTICES DONT MAKE YOU PARANOID. Its a matter of taking the extra steps to ensure nobody steals your gun, nor that nobody access's it that shouldnt be using it, or taking extra precautions in the unlikely event you may need it (nightstand and bathroom)What are some practices you guys have that other people might call you paranoid for? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3dveOTY

No comments:

Post a Comment