Monday, June 28, 2021

Day 2 of concealed carry at my job that forbids it


I work at a gas station, and I've had plenty of encounters with shady people where I've thought: "I really hope I don't need a gun in a sec, because I'm kinda fucked if I do"I got sick of being forced to be in an environment I have to be to survive, while simultaneously feeling like I could be hurt or killed at any given moment and there's not a damn thing I could do about itI went and bought a S&W Model 10 revolver (not the BEST CCW probably, but it's been working for me) and an IWB holster a couple months ago, and a couple days ago I finally decided to say fuck it and just carry while I'm working, and to my surprise it's way easier than I thought, and I feel a lot better knowing if someone does try to attack me, I at least have a chance to defend myselfIt's absolutely disgusting to me that the company I work for tells you "in case of a robbery, just cooperate with the robbers", when a couple decades ago an employee at the very store I work at, was shot and left in the freezer AFTER he was robbed. Sorry, but I'm not gonna rely on the mercy and humanity of a criminal to protect myselfSo to anyone who just doesn't feel safe at their job, I'd recommend doing the same if carrying there isn't against the law. Who cares if your employer doesn't allow it, would you rather protect your life or your job? Get yourself a concealed gun and a concealed holster, practice carrying outside of work to make sure it's concealed enough, and then make it part of your work life tooObviously I'm not the first person to do this, and I'm not trying to come off as a "rules are meant to be broken" kind of guy. But I feel so much better that I'm finally doing this, especially when I've been wanting to do it for years. I just want people to know that your employer can easily replace you, but you only have one you. So protect yourself with your life via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3dlIDGB

No comments:

Post a Comment