Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Did I zero my RMR incorrectly, or?


Recently purchased a SW M&P9 2.0 Compact OR and slapped an RMR (3.25moa) on it. This is my first red dot on a handgun ever. I'm also new to the M&P series. I'm usually a Glock guy but I grew up shooting my dads full size 1.0 M&P so I'm somewhat familiar with them. Took it to the range and "zeroed" my RMR from a standing shooting position to 10 yards. Then shot a bit at 12, 15, and 25 yards.One thing I noticed is that the dot is not at all lined up with the iron sights. For example, if I aim at a target with the iron sights, the dot will be slightly up and to the left. However, I'm scoring solid hits with that zero. I put the target out to 15 yards and was consistently nailing about 3" diameter groupings with ease. At 25 yards it's about a 5" diameter grouping. That's about on par what I shoot with irons. I chocked it off to not being used to the M&P triggers.So my question - is it okay that the dot doesn't at all align with the irons? In this case, up and to the left. In my head I imagined it would be on a similar plane as the front sight but adjusted up and down. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2RaD2ea

No comments:

Post a Comment