Wednesday, June 2, 2021

CCW / firearms owner's insurance - beyond use-of-force protection?


Hi, my question is whether any of the insurances (typically marketed with CCW and self-defense shooting in mind) - also offer legal protection for other firearms-related trouble? Specifically, FOPA?Figured you guys might know more about those insurance offerings than folks over at r/firearms.The backstory is that I'll be moving from WA to NH and will have to pass through some shitholes like NY. I'll be towing a cargo trailer, in which my scary ASSAULT guns + ammo will be stored. I'll mail the super scary "high"-capacity mags (since, technically, the shitholes could claim these are not covered by FOPA).The thing is, this is a long road. I'm not gonna drive straight to my destination without getting off the highway - fuck that. I'm gonna do some detours for nice scenery and food. Section 926A says nothing about the route. But I know this might not be very safe to do, so I'm looking for a legal insurance service that will be on speed dial in case something happens.Side question: does CCW permit data get shared between states? i.e. if a cop pulls me over in MA, would they be able to see that I have a WA CPL and/or own guns? I didn't think so, but if the answer is yes, I may have to rethink. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3vECWul

No comments:

Post a Comment