Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Thick thighs don't save lives - figuring out the best holster solution.


As a former powerlifter, I'm a large fellow. This means that conventional CCW positions simply don't work for me. Anything front or appendix carry jabs me in the thighs when I sit. Bit more centered and it's threatening my future children. Side or rear carry are the only comfortable positions for me, however having wide shoulder and a thick chest means that an XL tee barely gets down to my pants line, and certainly doesn't provide any coverage for a IWB holster. XXL does, but it makes me look like I'm wearing a garbage bag.Which brings me to the best solution I found: the belly band. I sling it around my hips, under my pants. Then I either push it low enough that it is completely tucked into my pants and 100% concealed or pull it a bit higher for easy access.Is it the perfect solution? No. When tucked all the way down, it makes for a very slow draw. But it is so comfortable I forget it's there, and I never leave the house without it.Currently I'm just using a cheapo $30 band off of amazon. Anyone know a good one that's made specifically for the G43x? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3en2N3J

No comments:

Post a Comment