Friday, May 28, 2021

Running (long distance) with CCW


I wanted to see if there are any long distance runners on this sub. I trail run and always carry when I am out in the woods. This year I have stepped up to longer distances and am starting to venture into the ultra distance world.For this discussion let's define long distance as over 20 miles.I usually carry in an eagle creek fanny pack. Normally this is my primary ccw. Sig p365xl with a wml and a holosun 507k. The fanny pack I have is an eagle creek model that has a rear pocket that is a perfect size. I carry in that pocket with no holster as it does very well protecting the trigger on its own and is dedicated for that use. After spending a weekend watching the entire LOTR trilogy and trying to get the trigger to press while it was inside I felt comfortable with this setup.I have ran 2 marathons and one 50k (training not a race) with this setup.Does anyone else have experience carrying on long distance runs? I am curious if there is a better setup. I previously had an LCP but the thing was so unreliable I did not feel comfortable carrying it. I have looked at the LCP 2 but am not sold on that either.The hill people gear chest pack would be ideal as I use their SAR pack when hiking and backpacking. Unfortunately it will not work in concert with a running vest.Any thoughts or suggestions on my situation? Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3uwOiiz

No comments:

Post a Comment