Monday, May 31, 2021

Ohio - CHL question


Hey Ohio CCW residents. I’m traveling from NY to Ohio next weekend for a family party and had intended to bring my CCW with me. However, I just found out the party is at a public park, not the family members house as I had thought.So, I have a question on the Ohio Revised Code Section 2923.12.The park’s website says:Firearms of any nature are illegal on the premises as per Ohio Revised Code Section 2923.12 and the following sections. [township] has endorsed the State Code by Resolution and any infraction thereof will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.When I look up the code it states:(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on the person's person or concealed ready at hand, any of the following:(1) A deadly weapon other than a handgun;(2) A handgun other than a dangerous ordnance;(3) A dangerous ordnance.I understand the park says “no firearms,” and references the code.... but the state code makes it sound like handguns are excluded? Are those with a CHL permit excluded? Or does no mean no? Not a huge deal if I can’t bring it on the trip. Any info from Ohioans would be appreciatedAnd yes I know concealed means concealed.... that’s not what I’m askingO-H via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3uBv0IP

No comments:

Post a Comment