Thursday, May 27, 2021

Should I care about this?


I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct subreddit to post this in (as you can see in the video, I'm not "CCing" anything, it's a full size gun in a 3 o'clock OWB hoslter worn on a ratchet range belt system over pants and shirt LOL), but I've seen many finger-banging and dry-firing videos here, and seen very good constructive comments on those videos, so I'll throw it out here for y'all to advise me/roast me. If you think there's another subreddit this is better suited to/will help answer my question at the bottom of the post, please do tell! Thanks.So I just got this gun right. I've wanted it since they released it, but things just now lined up. I sold my old P320 Compact and used the funds from that sale toward this P320 XFull. The Compact's grip module was molded in such a way that I never had any issues manipulating the magazine release, whether after drawing from AIWB, 4 o'clock IWB, or from this very set up (3 o'clock OWB). The XFull uses the X-Carry grip module (17-rd mags, but the pic rail doesn't go all the way under the slide; identical length as M17). This grip module with the extended beavertail feels "fatter" the higher you get on it, which is unfortunate because I have ~slender~ hands (5'8" 140# on a really good day lol).Anyway, if you watch the video, you'll see that I almost unknowingly open the three fingers on my strong hand to reset the grip to what it was during the draw. I do this in a sort of obsessive-compulsive manner (must. have. perfect. grip.). It results from needing to slide my thumb across the grip to the magazine release in order to press it and get the magazine to drop. This sliding of thumb to the left/shifting of gun to the right changes how the gun sits in my palm when I get a fresh mag in the gun and come back on the gun with my off hand, which is why I open the three fingers to reset it to the original, pre-reload position prior to even driving the fresh magazine into the magwell.Is this something I should un-train by modifying my inital grip to have the pistol sit "deeper" in my palm thereby allowing my thumb the adequate leverage needed to press the magazine release or is it minutae that I'm overthinking?https://ift.tt/3utILtl via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3bZ1mqI

No comments:

Post a Comment