Friday, May 7, 2021

Holster draw drills with limited round count?


Hello all, I finally have found a range near me that does not prohibit holster draw. I'm wanting to work on my ccw draw and don't have a lot of ammo. Probably 100 rounds to work with in a single trip. I'm looking for some drills that use lower round counts so I can get the most out of my live practice. I've drawn from concealment before with live fire, but it's been a couple of years. I know that single shots aren't as practical as a string of shots in an allotted time, but I dont know where to start.I dry fire often and have gotten pretty smooth with my draw. I can easily keep under 2 seconds for a well aimed "shot," but I'm not sure what time/accuracy to go for. When I'm going for the speed, I can stay around 1.4-1.6 depending on how well I clear my cover garment. This is aiming at a business card pinned to the wall about 3 yards away. I make sure to aim well and not let the trigger break until I'm sure it would be a hit.I'm looking for suggestions regarding times to go for, accuracy to achieve, and drills to practice. Open to any advice regardless. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33qlnBM

No comments:

Post a Comment