Saturday, May 8, 2021

Advice... Small self-defense weapon and tips for me (29f) walking my dog after being accosted by a neighbor (~35f)

I've always felt pretty safe walking my dog during the day (we don't walk after dark). I live in a small neighborhood in a small town near an elementary and high school and I've never had any problems. If you meet anyone on the street it's almost always a jogger, kids and parents walking to and from school, or someone having a cigarette or chatting with others out front of their house/apartment.

Today I was randomly verbally assaulted, threatened, and followed by a stranger (~35f) who I can only describe as...well, completely psycho. I called 911 because she was following me at a distance and continuing to scream at me (I made sure she didn't see me go to my house) and she was arrested. I didn't see it but I assume she fought with the cops based on the cop who was talking to me suddenly running over to the scene in the middle of getting a statement from me. Cop also said she had done a burglary.

Now for the worst part...she lives around the corner from me where I walk my dog. I highly doubt she'll be in jail for any real length of time and now I'm fucking scared to walk my dog during the day in my own neighborhood because of this psycho.

TL;DR I was accosted by some crazy bitch in my neighborhood where I walk my dog and she was arrested, but will surely be back. Onto my questions:

What am I supposed to do? I'm looking for recommendations for a small self-defense weapon I can keep in my pocket, probably pepper spray because I don't want anyone getting close enough to use a different weapon, but I'm open to suggestions. I always carry my phone when I walk. I'll no longer by wearing ear buds while walking. I'll be telling my duplex neighbor about her so we can keep an eye out around the house. I'm worried about her finding out where I live and breaking in. Any suggestions for home security that aren't a whole expensive security system?

Note: I'm not interested in firearms.



Submitted May 08, 2021 at 09:24PM by MHanonymous https://ift.tt/3eYIhWg

No comments:

Post a Comment