Thursday, September 24, 2020

Wisconsin CCW, no duty to inform: hand over permit with DL or not?


Hi guys, I wanted to ask those that have more time in the game what their best practices are. In WI there is no duty to inform. Guys at the range recommend you say nothing unless asked but keep your hands on the wheel at all times. People online recommend handing over your permit with your license before being asked but do not mention having a gun unless asked. Guys at the ranges reasoning is that by informing them your basically inviting them to pull you out the car and disarm you. They say only inform if asked. What do you guys do? I am always respectful with police and want to do whatever is gonna help me get out of a ticket haha. I don't want the cop to think I'm trying to hide it but I also don't wanna be pulled out and disarmed. What do you guys think? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3hYUvO9

No comments:

Post a Comment