Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Tier 1 Axis Elite vs LLOD Holster Comparison/Review


I asked about these two holsters a while back and didn't get any sort of consensus, couldn't decide which to get. I bought both so I could answer my own question and give back to the community a little. I've never really done a thorough review before, so I'll try to break this down in a way that makes sense and will be the most useful to you all. Please feel free to ask any questions that it doesn't address!TLDR/CONCLUSION: I kept the LLOD holster, but would've been extremely happy with either one. I was willing to trade very slightly less concealability for very slightly more comfort, easier on/off, and a kydex color I liked more. Both conceal significantly better, and are significantly more comfortable, than my old Dark Star Gear gun-only holster (pre-claw, probably 7-8 years old). The Tier 1 holster is for sale in GAFS and GunHolsterClassifieds. Onto the more in-depth stuff.Me: I'm 6'2" 170lb, with pretty low bodyfat and pretty narrow hips. Everyone's body is different, and I do feel like Tier 1 may fit more body types due to the flexible section in the middle. Also, my standard of concealability is higher than most people because I wear slimmer fitting shirts than most. I'm conducting this review with a Glock 19, and a Glock 17 mag in the extra mag caddy.HOLSTER PICS - TIER 1 (2X CLIPS) AND LLOD (SINGLE CLIP)Out of the Box: Neither of these holsters concealed well for me out of the box. The Tier 1 was better, the LLOD had significant "spill" over the top of my belt. I lowered both to the lowest point where my index finger could still easily fit between my belt and the handgun grip for drawing, and both improved dramatically. Print check videos below (I'll warn you, these feature some hip-thrusty movements to try and get my shirt to "shelf" on top of the gun, so you may not want your women to watch these if you want to keep them around). Both are open-ended and should accept anything in the standard-frame Glock family (19/23/32; 17/34 would fit perfectly but stick out the bottom).Out-of-the-Box Print ChecksAdjusted: This is the guts of the review. Once adjusted, both are what I'd call "t-shirt concealable". I bought these to carry my G19 in the winter, but now I'm thinking I can carry it half the time in summer as well. I was very surprised at how well I could conceal a gun this size, with a full-size spare mag. The Tier 1 has more satisfying click retention, especially on the extra mag. I wore both of these out running errands, which included probably an hour total sitting in the car and walking around in grocery stores and such, and never had any issues with either one. The only time I did have an issue was wearing the Tier 1 while sitting at my desk for a couple hours - the wider bottom of the holster started to dig into the crease of my right leg a bit, which eventually got uncomfortable for me. This was the only time either of them were ever uncomfortable at all, so I think someone with even very slightly wider hips than me would have equal comfort with both. Below are some adjusted print check videos.Adjusted Holster Fit PicsAdjusted Print Check - Outfit 1Adjusted Print Check - Outfit 2Other quick notes:Quality/fit/finish: both were excellent, neither better than the other.Wedges: I tried the Tier 1 wedges on both. The small one was fine, and provided a slight benefit, but all the larger sizes were uncomfortable. I'll bought a pack of small-wide Tier 1 wedges for my LLOD holster last night.Another comparison: I also carry a Kahr CM9 in a Vedder Light Tuck. Other than the extra weight, I didn't find either of these holsters to be any less comfortable than that one. Honestly, they both conceal about 85-95% as well, too (with the Tier 1 being on the higher side, essentially concealing as well as the tiny Kahr). via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31T0cse

No comments:

Post a Comment