Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Question about MA licensing


I have elderly family members with antique firearms which have nowhere to go when these relatives pass away so I'm considering getting my license so that if nothing else, I can keep these items in the family. The problem is, I was convicted of felony possession of a firearm as a minor - about 40 years ago. It was a stupid thing that I have always regretted and the worst thing I've done since then is get a few speeding tickets. No one was hurt, physically or monetarily; I was just oblivious to the seriousness of what I was doing.Forty years later and the details of the conviction are vague in my memory at best and at the time I honestly didn't understand parts of what was being explained to me. My parents are no longer with me to ask unfortunately, though I suspect their recollection of specific details would have been no better than mine.I have always been under the impression that my record was "sealed", though admittedly I don't know exactly what that means. Can anyone tell me if I should bother starting the safety courses required for licensing or if they know for a fact that I will be denied because of that conviction? Any helpful input is very much appreciated. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZZD5e2

No comments:

Post a Comment