Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Practicing defense against rape with boyfriend or relatives

I just wanted to share my experience. I always practiced self defense with my brother (taekwondo instructor), and he has shown me many moves. Everything I learned with him were very controlled movements that I always knew where he'd touched me what his next move would be etc. If you practice these techniques many times they come out naturally but I always thought, would they be really helpful if I ever got in a situation like that for real?

I playfully fight with my boyfriend and he always wins putting me in a little ball and holding me there without me being able to move, of course we don't play to harm each other but to show who's the strongest and who's going to immobilize the other. So I had this idea I told him let's try and act as if you were a rapist .No controlled moves no knowing what he was going to do but full unexpected attack. I always thought I was prepared but in my surprise it would be hard for him to actually rape me but it could be possible if he was a bigger guy.

We do it very controlled and harmful free, we start with the scenario that he has already put me on the ground so we don't risk someone falling and getting injured, we always practiced on a double bed I don't have big nails so I can't poke his eye out accidentally, and of course we don't hit hard we only do the movement of punching or slapping without actually putting force to hurt but only to demonstrate what we would do.

The first time I was so shocked he didn't do any expected move or left any room for me to disarm him and get a way out, I panicked and I couldn't even remember some basic moves, he was able to pull down my pajamas but he didn't have the chance to get in place, cause I moved the right way and we ended up fighting until we both got tired and stopped. The second time was better he didn't get a chance to undress me and I was more prepared remembering some movements. We keep practicing every now and then but in my experience this was very helpful it helped me to get out of the shock stage and actually be more prepared if a situation like that were to happen!



Submitted September 02, 2020 at 04:23PM by justagirlinreddit https://ift.tt/2DrtN2u

No comments:

Post a Comment