Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Physical fitness for LTC...why not?


So I took my ltc after a lot of practice as not to be a dummy with a gun. I noticed almost all the folks at the range, and taking the course with me, were in absolutely terrible physical shape. For example, having trouble standing for an hour or two, trouble getting up from a chair, etc. I realize some of you likely live in states which don't require a course/exam for licensure to CC,but regardless, I'm wondering why there is not some sort of basic physical requirement if you're going to carry. For example, "can you do 20 push ups/squats/sit ups/etc in 30 minutes" "can you touch your toes" "can you jog .5 miles in 10 minutes" BARE MINIMUM SHIT. something super simple that demonstrates basic control of your body. I'm of the opinion you only use your firearm when your other options are exhausted. So, regardless of your opinion on the second amendment or anything in the realm of politics, I'm just asking if you folks believe that to be reasonable and warranted. Also, yeah if youre a vet/amputee or have something else that precludes your ability to demonstrate "average" physical adequacy obviously you'd be exempt. I hope this question makes sense. I just know a lot of people who have guns that if they were ever confronted by a bad guy for whatever purpose--lets just say that bad guy would leave that interaction with whatever he wanted PLUS a new gun. Interested to hear your guys opinions Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3iXc42g

No comments:

Post a Comment