Thursday, September 24, 2020

I started carrying around the house


I live out in the twigs (somewhere between the sticks and civilization) and had an eye opening experience last week. I was sitting on my couch after dinner watching TV. I had the front door open since it was nice outside and I wanted to air out the house - I had seared my steak like I was sending smoke signals or something. I live in the second to last house on this gravel/dirt road so the only two cars it's normal to see drive by are the husband and wife that live at the end. Around 8PM a Budget rental truck comes flying up the road and screeches to a stop in front of my house. Before I know it I hear the sound of someones footsteps on my porch, and then a huge SLAM against my screen door...It was FedEx. A package for my girlfriend.My carry pistol was in the bedroom, which was blocked by my open front door. Had someone actually been trying to get into my house I had kind of screwed myself severely. I now carry at least my LCP2 around the house. I've installed a lock on the screen door, and a motion activated flood light on the porch. It was definitely an eye opening experience as to how quickly something could happen, and how unprepared I was if something did. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3kNZym7

No comments:

Post a Comment