Thursday, September 3, 2020

CCW saved me from a speeding ticket.


I was headed home from working out, and when I hit the gym, I always carry my weapon in a fanny pack along with my wallet and phone. I hopped on the highway at a very tricky entrance where I have about 100 yards to get all the way over to the left or I'll be forced to take another route. I punched it and broke hard left and didn't see any cars coming up, so I dropped back down to normal speed. 10 seconds later, I get lit up. Officer comes to the window and lets me know my speed. I then let him know I'm carrying (Cali is a duty to inform state), and I offer to hand him the pouch which contains my weapon, and let him hand me my wallet out of it. He was immediately excited to hear I was a CCW holder. Told me right away I'd just be getting a warning for the speeding. Applauded me several times for utilizing my second amendment rights. Made small talk about his previous post in Los Angeles County, and how every gun he came across there was illegal. Told me the only thing he asks of me is that if I see an officer in trouble, I help them out. I agreed, and he sent me on my way. Probably my most memorable traffic stop ever. They need to clone that officer by the dozen. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Z4Ae3c

No comments:

Post a Comment