Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Self defense against a dog.

I have a question that’s sad to ask and I wish I didn’t need to.

There’s a dog in my neighborhood that an elderly couple purchased as a “service dog” from an woman that has a long history of animal abuse. The dog has been a constant issue with getting loose and causing issues.

It’s a German Sheppard mix and he constantly gets out. I helped by offering a 50 foot leash to use as a back-up for him getting loose, but they didn’t use it, and my dog was attacked. I reported it, and things seemed to be better.

Yesterday, the German Sheppard attacked my dog again. Last week, he chased after a little girl that barely escaped harms way. I hate to ask this...

What is the best defense against a dog attack? I don’t won’t to hurt the dog, but I can’t stand by and watch him hurt mine. I also don’t know how the dog will react if I attack it to protect my dog.

This situation is horrible. I just don’t know what to do. Carry an extra rope? Pepper spray? A knife? The police are investigating now because the number of incidents have increased, but in the interim, I’m just trying to keep myself, my dog, and this dog Ben, safe.

Suggestions are welcome. The owners have had more than a year to rectify the issue. They’ll lie and say it didn’t happen unless there was a witness. It’s impossible to talk to them into a solution that works. I’m hoping the police take care of it, but again, until then, what would you do to protect your fur babies?



Submitted July 29, 2020 at 05:59PM by just0liii https://ift.tt/30WBlSE

No comments:

Post a Comment