Monday, July 27, 2020

.357 sig as a woods caliber


As a hunting sidearm, i enjoy toting a 4" .357 mag or heavily handloaded .45 colt OWB at 3 o'clock, but for multiple day backpacking trips, the 3 o'clock position gets in the way of carrying my revolvers and I have no interest in carrying a 2.5-3 pound rig for a week in a row.I was thinking of a chest rig and considering .357 sig as a cartridge. I know most people carry a 10mm or .44 mag, but I like the idea of having the capacity of a semi auto and Im not a big fan the current 10mm striker fired offerings.I handload and the cost of the .357 sig cartridge is less of a consideration and was wondering if Im crazy for thinking this? Most of my hiking is black bear or elk country. Anyone carry .357 sig in a hillpeople gear or kenai chest rig? Or Nother well made option and like it? Just curious. Thanks via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ErvA7R

No comments:

Post a Comment