Thursday, July 30, 2020

Home protection adrenaline rush then laughter


Quick background: My wife and I live in Northern Michigan waaay out in the woods in a fishing lodge on a beautiful trout stream. We are very isolated and it's a 15 mile drive to the nearest store/town. Our dirt two track driveway is 1/4 mile long from the main road and there is a gate. If you're coming down my driveway I'm going to know it. We've always known that if there were an intruder emergency we would be on our own as law enforcement would take 20-30 minutes to arrive and we've prepared as such. Most of our firearms are stored in a safe in my reloading room but we keep one apiece in the bedroom. Last night we were in bed reading books and we heard a large "boom." Our dogs jumped up and went nuts. We are used to limbs falling on the roof or critters making noise but this was nothing like that. It sounded like a mortar leaving the tube. I told my wife to "follow the plan." She armed herself and took cover with the phone ready to call 911. The dogs and I went room to room clearing the house and found nothing. We were in the garage when we all heard the same sound although not as loud but it was coming from inside the house! The dogs and I re-entered the house from the garage and worked our way to the kitchen. In the kitchen sink I found multiple expired biscuit tubes my wife was throwing away. Two of them had exploded. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2P8FEVl

No comments:

Post a Comment